[Ksummit-discuss] Reforming Acked-by (was Re: [TOPIC] Encouraging more reviewers)

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Thu May 29 23:30:04 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 02:03:16PM -0700, Olof Johansson wrote:
> What are we really trying to fix here? Is the current process really
> broken or are we trying to create more process that's not needed for
> some other reason?

I think the latter.

Somehow, we seem to be constantly increasing our rate of change, are
people thinking we are having problems here?  If so, exactly where?
This thread has taken an odd turn into trying to make some new kind of
process for an unknown issue (i.e. the people on this list are not going
to recognize the reviewers more, it's up to you to educate your managers
/ company more.)

Are maintainers who deal with huge number of patches (i.e. 1000+ a year)
crying out for help that this is somehow going to reduce their burden?

I don't think so, but hey, what do I know about this development
process...

grumble,

greg k-h