[Ksummit-discuss] [TOPIC] Encouraging more reviewers

Geert Uytterhoeven geert at linux-m68k.org
Sat May 31 16:49:51 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 11:59 PM, Thomas Gleixner <tglx at linutronix.de> wrote:
> I really started to put breaks into this cycle of hell, where I get
> spammed with a 30+ patch series in the morning and after I spent some
> quality time looking at it and replying to a particular patch, I get
> another spam bomb within a few hours, which is not much better than
> the previous one.

That's indeed an issue. Some large series are immediately reposted for every
single (sometimes trivial) change suggested by a commenter.
This also leads to inflated patch version numbers. I'm already getting nervous
when I have to send out a v3 or v4 myself, but from a quick search, v29
seems to be the current record on lkml...

Does git send-email remember when the previous version of a series was
sent out?
If yes, it could refuse to resend it too soon. The back off period would
depend on the size of the patch series (large patch series need more delay).

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds