[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] Core Kernel support for Compute-Offload Devices

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Aug 3 18:51:02 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-07-31 at 12:34 -0400, Jerome Glisse wrote:
> No the ASID should not be associated with mm_struct. There is to
> few ASID to have enough of them. I think currently there is only
> 8bits worth of ASID. So what happen is that the GPU device driver
> schedule process and recycle ASID as it does.

In PCIe we have 20 bits of PASID. And we are going to expect hardware
to implement them all, even if it can only do caching for fewer PASIDs
than that.

There is also an expectation that a given MM will have the *same* PASID
across all devices.

David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel Corporation