[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] Documentation

Dan Carpenter dan.carpenter at oracle.com
Tue Aug 4 13:50:44 UTC 2015

If you write your documentation in docbook, I can promise you that I
have never read it.

I have all the tools to read it.  I remember this because it requires
700MB of dependencies.  I was downloading it to read the kdbus
documentation.  I remember this.  I don't think I read the kdbus
documentation in the end.  I certainly don't know, without googling, how
to use build the docbook output.

Presumably, someone has a webpage with all the docs pre-built.  I looked
for your drm.pdf file on google.  The first link was
http://kernelnewbies.org/Documents/Kernel-Docbooks
which has some pre-built docs but they are out of date. The next link
was: http://billauer.co.il/blog/2014/02/docbook-html-pdf-rtf/ where the
guy also can't figure out how to build his documention.  It's like he
actually wanted to read it (which is so rare) but he wasn't able to
figure it out.

regards,
dan carpenter