[Ksummit-discuss] [TECH TOPIC] Kernel Hardening

Jiri Kosina jkosina at suse.cz
Mon Aug 24 11:46:35 UTC 2015

On Mon, 24 Aug 2015, James Morris wrote:

> I'd recommend Kees Cook be involved, due to his existing efforts in
> kernel hardening.  I think it would be good to invite one or two expert
> security researchers in this area -- Kees would know who.  In terms of
> core kernel folk, I'd suggest Ingo and akpm, as a starting point.

I am pretty sure spender will also have a lot to tell us :p

This is partially sarcasm (due to his often vocally expressed opinions
about our processess (and even code) with respect to security) and
partially meant seriously (there is always a possibility that at least
some misunderstandings will be clarified and we'll get closer to
convergency of the trees).

As a very long time grsecurity user, I'd definitely be interested.

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs