[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] Testing

Mark Brown broonie at sirena.org.uk
Tue Jul 7 13:14:11 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jul 07, 2015 at 04:02:13PM +0300, Alexey Dobriyan wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 12:24 PM, Mark Brown <broonie at kernel.org> wrote:

> >  - Should we start carrying config fragments upstream designed to
> >    support testing, things like the distro config fragments that keep
> >    getting discussed are one example here but there's other things like
> >    collections of debug options we could be looking at.

> This will gravitate everyone to running the same config which is the opposite
> of what you want.

Perhaps, perhaps not - it's not an unequivocal thing either way.  The
more barriers there are to enabling things the more likely it is that
people just won't bother in the first place (or that they'll run into
somme problem and give up before they get things working) and it's not
clear that having to figure these things out is always a good use of
people's time.