[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] services needed from kernel.org infrastructure

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Wed Jul 8 09:35:11 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 08, 2015 at 10:02:36AM +0200, Jiri Kosina wrote:

> The "everybody has his home-brew hacked-up script" model is just
> unnecessary duplication of work a brings potential for unnecessary bugs.

I think the only barrier here is someone writing some tooling that is
sufficiently useful and generic enough to work for people.  I know I
wrote my scripts mainly because none of the scripts I could find tie in
with my workflow (mainly around figuring out which branches in my local
tree correspond to branches on the server and syncing them up).  If
there'd been something I could just pick up I'd have happily done so.

> This would be caught immediately if it's properly maintained "project".

Or alternatively would allow people to quickly attack a large number of
developers :)