[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] Testing

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Wed Jul 8 09:52:07 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 08, 2015 at 10:54:09AM +0300, Dan Carpenter wrote:

> Doesn't the 0day system obsolete the "Build regression" emails?  It
> should be sending emails to everyone introducing new build warnings.

0day only covers some configurations and doesn't always manage to kick
in (I know I've had stuff come in via other channels sometimes, it seems
to depend on loading).

> Are people ignoring them?

They're not reliably followed through on, no, and one of the things with
0day is that it just generates a one time report so if things don't get
followed up on then that's that.  A regular "these are all the issues"
mail helps chase down those issues.