[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] Recruitment (Reviewers, Testers, Maintainers, Hobbyists)

Jason Cooper jason at lakedaemon.net
Wed Jul 8 19:21:15 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 08, 2015 at 09:09:42PM +0200, Peter Huewe wrote:
> Hey Jason
>
> >> --> Maybe LF can organize something?
> >> "Here is a small token of appreciation (t-shirt, cup) for spending countless
> >> hours on reviewing and testing stuff in the Linux kernel -- keep up the good
> >> work"
>
> > How about "Here's an invite to the KS, because we value your opinion and
> > would like you to take part in the process." ;-)
>
> Personally I think that's also a valuable approach - but since KS
> space is limited maybe not so feasible.  T-Shirts etc are easier :)

Right, later on I said (or in another mail) "KS or other event".

T-shirts are a given.  Coffee mugs, thumbdrives that are modifiable a-la
bad-usb.  It's all good.  ;-)

The chromecasts that were given out two years ago directly resulted in
mach-berlin/ ... So maybe we should be giving out HW that *isn't*
supported by mainline.

thx,

Jason.