[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] Recruitment (Reviewers, Testers, Maintainers, Hobbyists)

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at suse.com
Thu Jul 9 20:38:30 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 09, 2015 at 01:11:27PM -0700, josh at joshtriplett.org wrote:
> Bonus if this is also wired into the 0day bot, so that you also find out
> if you introduce a new warning or error.

No reason to make bots do stupid work, if we really wanted to consider
this a bit more seriously the pipeline could be:

  mailing-list | coccinelle coccicheck| smatch | sparse | 0-day-bot

That would make the 0-day-bot chain only do sensible things. My undestanding
is that the 0-day bot now has Coccinelle integration though, not so sure
of the rest, if the pipline is already set up then the auto-patch-merging
is the only next step needed, can patchwork do that for some subsystem
already set up ? It should just be a matter of adding a git repo and
adding it to the list of 0-day bot git repos.

 Luis