[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] Recruitment (Reviewers, Testers, Maintainers, Hobbyists)

Dan Carpenter dan.carpenter at oracle.com
Fri Jul 10 14:36:41 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 09, 2015 at 12:37:18PM -0700, Darren Hart wrote:
> I spend a highly disproportionate amount of my time, relative to measurable
> quality impact to the kernel, going over the nuances of submitting patches.
>
> 1) Must have a complete commit message
> 2) DCO goes above the ---
> 3) Include a patch changelog, do so below ---
> 4) Cc maintainers :-)
> 5) Checkpatch... checkpatch... checkpatch...
> 6) Compiler warnings
> 7) CodingStyle :-)
> 8) Use ascii or utf8 character encodings

The same people who don't run checkpatch.pl will also not opt in to your
QC system.

You should create a procmail filter to processes patches.  If the patch
fails then it changes the subject from [patch] to [fail] and stores a
response (compile warnings etc) in a directory.  Then you trigger a
macro in mutt and it mails the response.

Or you could just create a generic form letter like Greg does.

regards,
dan carpenter