[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] dev/maintainer workflow security

Jason Cooper jason at lakedaemon.net
Fri Jul 10 14:38:32 UTC 2015

All,

This is a topic of interest to me that I think would best benefit from a
conference room discussion.

Items to discuss:

 - Survey the room on workflows and security posture for kernel work
 - Discussion of threat models, attack vectors
 - Discuss mitigation methods, tools and techniques
 - Identify missing tools or features of tools

The intent is to discuss end point security with regards to protecting
the kernel source tree.

This would *not* be about changing anyones workflow or DE or $editor or
other religious items. ;-)  It would be more about increasing awareness.
Both of attack vectors and tools to mitigate risk which would fit into
current workflows.

In order to encourage open and honest discussion ("I can only afford one
box.  My kid does unrestricted web browsing on it every day when I'm at
work"-type stuff) we could consider doing Chatham House Rule [0] for
this discussion.

thx,

Jason.

[0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chatham_House_Rule