[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] Recruitment (Reviewers, Testers, Maintainers, Hobbyists)

Laura Abbott labbott at redhat.com
Fri Jul 10 23:18:50 UTC 2015

On 07/10/2015 03:49 PM, Darren Hart wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 08:35:59PM +0100, Roberto Tyley wrote:
>
> Hi Roberto,
>
> Thanks for chiming in.
>
>> It would be great to turn on submitGit for development of the Linux
>> Kernel. Just to clarify, submitGit is a bridge for sending GitHub pull
>> requests on https://github.com/git/git to git at vger.kernel.org as
>> correctly formatted emails
>
> While there is value there and would help a lot of people, given the popularity
> of git-hub, I think we're looking for something more generic.
>
> I'd prefer a web-form hosted on kernel.org that could accept a raw patch, or a
> git URL and tag or branch from any reposiory (github or otherwise), and submit
> the patch after performing a number of validation checks before ever sending to
> the list.

FWIW, an upload system has existed for a while for ARM Linux for final
submissions. Note this is distinctly not for review so correctly
e-mailing a patch is still necessary. I still find the web form useful
though for making submissions.

http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/info.php

Thanks,
Laura