[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] Recruitment (Reviewers, Testers, Maintainers, Hobbyists)

Roberto Tyley roberto.tyley at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 19:35:59 UTC 2015

It would be great to turn on submitGit for development of the Linux
Kernel. Just to clarify, submitGit is a bridge for sending GitHub pull
requests on https://github.com/git/git to git at vger.kernel.org as
correctly formatted emails

I've never submitted a patch to the kernel, but I understand there are
many development trees and corresponding maintainers/mailing lists. It
would be an interesting task to teach submitGit _where_ a patch should
go - and we would need GitHub repos which mirrored the maintainer
trees in order for people to open good pull requests against them (I'm
assuming it would be wrong for people to just open pull requests
against https://github.com/torvalds/linux/).

This script looks interesting:
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/scripts/get_maintainer.pl

I'd be interested to hear if anyone would like to try out submitGit
for the kernel, and has any further advice.

Roberto