[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] Recruitment (Reviewers, Testers, Maintainers, Hobbyists)

Geert Uytterhoeven geert at linux-m68k.org
Sun Jul 12 10:28:07 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 11:07 PM,  <josh at joshtriplett.org> wrote:
> I just wish I had a more satisfactory method of associating a cover
> letter with a series *in git*, such that format-patch could emit a
> non-placeholder cover letter.

You can use "git commit --allow-empty" to write cover letters.
Make sure they don't get lost during rebasing.

Still, if you include them in --format-patch, they will be "PATCH 1/n",
not "PATCH 0/n".

[...]

Oh cool, there's a "--start-number" option, will try...

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds