[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE-TOPIC] Documentation

Jonathan Corbet corbet at lwn.net
Mon Jul 13 17:45:09 UTC 2015

On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 12:47:23 +0300
Alexey Dobriyan <adobriyan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have counter suggestion:
> * remove kernel-doc official status, remove generating scripts
>   because it doesn't work,

kerneldoc does work, after a fashion.  It works well enough that people
use it, and I hear about it quickly when somebody's comment change breaks
the docs build.  I don't think we can remove it in the absence of
something better.

Creating "something better" is actually on my list of things to do.  The
only problem is that I've had to buy a second 4TB drive to hold that list,
so I don't know when I'll have time to think about it.

jon