[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] Issues with stable process

Sasha Levin sasha.levin at oracle.com
Wed Jul 15 16:15:50 UTC 2015

On 07/15/2015 12:03 PM, Greg KH wrote:
>> > That would be the ideal setup for me though -- tagged or branched -rc
>> > candidates of stable releases that I'd be happy to put through the
>> > build/boot test at my end.
> kernelci now handles -rc stable releases, so would this just be a
> duplication of that work?

I've actually suggested -rc stable cycles for the purpose of getting -rc
stable kernels into users hands by making it possible for distros to
ship these as proposed/test kernels by giving them enough time (right now
the review cycle is only a few days, making it impossible for distros
to ship them).

As Guenter and Greg mentioned, there's already a fair amount of testing
being done on the queue branches, but there's really no testing being
done by end users before they receive a final kernel.

Thanks,
Sasha