[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] Recruitment (Reviewers, Testers, Maintainers, Hobbyists)

Steven Rostedt rostedt at goodmis.org
Wed Jul 22 14:48:22 UTC 2015

On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 07:42:01 -0700
James Bottomley <James.Bottomley at HansenPartnership.com> wrote:

> I think what we need is a git log --line <name> <path> which would track
> the commits that touched a given line in <path> (hopefully even across
> renames).  It shouldn't be too hard to come up with that.

That may not be trivial. It would have to keep track of changes before
the line, to match the line in previous commits. What happens if the
line completely changes, or is in a complete rewrite of that code. I
doubt it will be smart enough to follow a single line. Perhaps a range
would be better?

-- Steve