[Ksummit-discuss] [TECH TOPIC] Firmware signing

Theodore Ts'o tytso at mit.edu
Fri Jul 31 14:41:18 UTC 2015

I will note that this thread is a great demonstration why I very
*firmly* believe that legal issues (whether it is about license
interpretation or enforcement) should be completely out of scope for
the kernel summit.

About the only thing worse than programmers thinking they can play
lawyers on TV and render legal opinions are physicists at national
labs thinking they can tell computer science people how to design
operating systems and design scale-out computing architectures because
everything can be derived from F=ma.  :-)

						- Ted