[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] GPL enforcement actions

Christoph Lameter cl at linux.com
Fri Jul 31 18:45:08 UTC 2015

On Tue, 7 Jul 2015, Guenter Roeck wrote:

> ... and then have the LF attorneys brief LF member companies about the
> outcome of the meeting. I always find those legal briefings very useful.

One subject that I would like to have some clarification on is relicensing
of in-kernel-code. There were a couple of license changes recently from
GPL to "pick onee GPL or BSD" in the infiniband stack. I was a bit
surprised by that being possible.

Presumably the copyright holders have to agree to this. What exactly
qualifies to be a copyright holder? If one is mentioned in the file
header? If one modified a line of code in the file?