[Ksummit-discuss] Stable and delay backports

Tue Nov 3 17:02:35 UTC 2015

I'm still not clear, even after all the discussion, whether there's any
value left to annotating the cc to stable with a delay backport.  I'm
getting ready to post a fix to our block size calculations which make
them completely accurate instead of within 5% like they were before.
Technically this is a bug fix because people get distressed even over
apparently losing 5% of their space, so it will have to be backported,
but the algorithm has increased in complexity, so it would be better to
incubate in main line for a while to make sure there are no further
complaints.

So the question: I think I heard Greg say you're automatically delaying
merge window backports anyway, so there's no real need to add a separate
delay tag, or is there?

James