[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] stable workflow

Jiri Kosina jikos at kernel.org
Wed Aug 3 13:21:15 UTC 2016

On Wed, 3 Aug 2016, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> Now, I understand why there are regressions in -stable and to me it would
> be just fine to say that they will be there occasionally, so as to prevent
> supporting the "no regressions in -stable at all" expectation that (a) is
> unrealistic today and (b) seems to be quite widespread.
>
> Or do we really want to meet that expectation?

My primary goal when I was starting this thread (and I certainly didn't
expect it to become such a gigantic monster :) ) was to try to figure out
how to do better on this front. Of course, perfect is the enemy of good,
but *trying* to find ways how to improve the regression rate seems like a
reasoneble thing to attempt at least.

That's where some of my proposals in this thread some time ago were coming
from.

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina