[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] GPL defense issues

Bradley M. Kuhn bkuhn at sfconservancy.org
Sun Aug 28 02:02:30 UTC 2016

James Bottomley wrote, a few minutes ago:
> I believe you but I don't believe you had any conversations which could
> lead to a significant change in business practices, which is my primary
> issue.... Your inability to recognise that there are other methods

Everyone here is talented and has different skills; please don't assume that
yours are the only ones that produce value and good results.  Anyway, this is
why we brought VMware's violation [0] (and many other ones too) to you, to
Greg, to Jim Zemlin, and to many others *before* we even began our Step 1.
I told you privately many times what I now say publicly: you can acheive
important compliance results that we can't, but vice-versa is also true.

> but our problem, as a community, is that what you do with your
> coalition affects all of us and impacts the project we care about deeply.
> ... Without mutual trust, there's no basis for negotiation

Together, we're greater than the sum of our parts, if we all see past
"my way or the highway" tendencies. Our coalition did that, by disclosing,
to you and the LF, the violation reports that Conservancy received, so you
could work on them first. When will you show similar cooperation and trust?

[0] https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/ksummit-discuss/2016-August/003562.html
--
   -- bkuhn