[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] GPL defense issues

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sun Aug 28 04:34:01 UTC 2016

On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 10:58:42PM -0400, Steven Rostedt wrote:

> I'm not sure Greg's answer is really "never". But I think this is
> similar to the analogy of dealing with rogue nations. Going to war is

It seemed pretty clear to me that Greg's answer was that there
was no possible situation where he would countenance an enforcement
lawsuit against a GPL violator.

I really don't want to put words in anyones mouth or misread their
intent so if I am mistaken or misread what he wrote I'd love to be
corrected here.