[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] GPL defense issues

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at kernel.org
Tue Aug 30 16:15:57 UTC 2016

On Sun, Aug 28, 2016 at 08:55:42AM -0400, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 09:24:54PM -0700, Jeremy Allison via Ksummit-discuss wrote:
> > Your opinion on that is clear and I understand why you hold it.
> > There are many other developers who hold the same opinion, but
> > lots of them work on FreeBSD not Linux.
> >
> > Respectfully, I don't agree with you. Greg and Ted seem to agree
> > with you, Linus (like me) seems to imagine there can be a case for
> > that shiny red button.
>
> For the record, I believe there can be a case for the shiny red
> button.  I just want Linus, and not the SFC (or some --- as admitted
> by the SFC --- minority set of developers), to be the one who decides
> when it's appropriate to push it.
>
> I've said it before, and I've said it again.  For me, this is much
> more about a project governance issue.  We don't let random pissed off
> army officers decide when to start World War III.

If you are trying to equate "random pissed off officers" with those kernel
developers part of the SFC alliance, then I have to say that is perhaps one of
the most stupid misrepresentations of members of SFC that I have heard so far.
Unless of course your statement is educated, you know all members part of SFC
and have asked each one why they joined.

If you don't know then please educate yourself on this as reading this type of
incoherent nonsense being spouted out is just offending and does nothing to help.

  Luis