[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] GPL defense issues

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at kernel.org
Tue Aug 30 23:19:31 UTC 2016

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 08:15:28PM +0200, Greg KH wrote:
> Why would you ever give the power that you have, and have
> created, away to others that might not have your project's best interest
> in mind?

Oh and just wanted to confirm, as with Jeremy, I have not given any power up, I
hold copyrights, I never signed copyrights away to Conservancy, I joined the
alliance and voice my opinion to make sure to help voice my opinion in not only
the last resort topics, but also even voice how things might work better for
things currently up in the air. Case in point the ZFS crap, the permissive
license actually makes sense there [0].

So yet -- more permissive license "agenda" and this coming from SFC! -- jeesh,
how copyleft crazy this is, isn't it? These SFC permissive license zealots are
just nuts. Crazy I tell you...

So -- if you'd like to voice your opinion and give the conservancy a shot,
please note you do not have to sign away copyrights to Conservancy -- so you
can join, see we're civil and reach consensus amicably through the list and use fair
judgement. Please consider joining the alliance if you want to voice you opinion.

And -- you can always leave, you know -- if it turns out we're bat shit crazy.

[0] http://www.do-not-panic.com/2016/02/zfs-linux-and-illumos-and-isc-license.html

  Luis