[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] stable workflow

Jiri Kosina jikos at kernel.org
Sat Jul 9 08:37:12 UTC 2016

On Fri, 8 Jul 2016, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

> Also, do we have many changes that go to stable without maintainers
> actually adding cc: stable annotation in mainline?

I have a feeling (but it's not backed up by any proper statistics) that we
do have quite a high number of such patches.

Yes, sure, the maintainer is later CCed on the patch in the -stable queue
review patchbomb, but that's unfortunately in practice not the same thing
as if he actually actively considered the patch for inclusion himself.

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs