[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] stable workflow

Jiri Kosina jikos at kernel.org
Sun Jul 10 10:20:19 UTC 2016

On Sun, 10 Jul 2016, Takashi Iwai wrote:

> IMO, we need a really better QA before releasing stable trees.  They are
> all fixes, yes, but they aren't always fixes for stable trees, in
> reality.

I agree.

BTW, how much coverage does -stable get from Fengguang's 0day robot? I
think that as most of the stable tress don't really use the git workflow,
the trees are being pushed out to git.kernel.org only shortly before
actual release, so the 0day bot doesn't have enough time to catch up; but
I have to admit I don't really know how exactly the timing and flow of
patches works here.

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina