[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] cleaning up kthread freezer hell, part 2

Theodore Ts'o tytso at mit.edu
Sun Jul 10 23:55:59 UTC 2016

On Sat, Jul 09, 2016 at 12:31:33AM +0200, Jiri Kosina wrote:

> The idea is to get as much coverage among high-profile maintainers as
> possible, in a hope that this will result in ultimate tree-wide cleanup of
> the current mess. That's why I propose this as a core topic rather than
> tech topic, although it might sound like a rather bordeline one.

It doesn't have to be either/or.  One possibility is after doing a
discussion amonst the core developers about how to do the tree-wide
cleanup, you could also do a presentation during the tech sessions
about how not to screw up new users of the freezer.

Although we probably don't have the resources to get a profession
video made of tech talk session for which the goal is broad
dissemination of information (although if some company wants to
sponsor such a thing, or if someone wants to volunteer to do the video
taping where the presenter has given consent, please contact the me or
the program committee), I suspect getting an audio recording, which
plus the slides could easily get turned into something that could be
uploaded to You Tube, wouldn't be that hard.

					- Ted