[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] kernel unit testing

Hannes Reinecke hare at suse.com
Mon Jul 11 08:56:11 UTC 2016

On 07/11/2016 07:23 AM, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> On 07/10/2016 09:03 PM, Trond Myklebust wrote:
>> So, we might as well make this a formal proposal.
>>
>> I’d like to propose that we have a discussion around how to make it
>> easier to implement kernel unit tests. I’ve co-opted Dan as he has
>> expressed both an interest and hands-on experience. :-)
>>

> Making it easier to implement such tests won't get such tests executed.
> I think we should also discuss how to implement more formal testing
> of release candidates, and/or how to improve test coverage.

Count me in.
I'm working on preparing a multipath testbed from within Qemu (FCoE over
virtio, quite fun), with the aim of developing an automated
kernel-ci testbed.
So I'd be very interested in this one, too.

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke		               zSeries & Storage
hare at suse.com			               +49 911 74053 688