[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] kernel unit testing

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Fri Jul 15 06:14:24 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 03:52:39PM +1000, NeilBrown wrote:
> > during new releases they use quilt for all of their work, adding and
> > removing and updating patches all the time.
>
> So you are saying quilt is good for release management, and Guenter is
> saying it is bad for development.  Maybe you are in agreement.

Heh, yes, I think we are in agreement.  The "fun" thing is, people take
the thing you release and do development on it.  So the developers want
the output of your release in a format that they can do work with.

I talked with Geert today about this, and he gave me some ideas for how
to make the output of the LTSI tree in a git tree that people can work
off of.  Much like I've started to do now with the stable trees, and the
-rc git tree of patches built from my quilt series.  I'll work on this
over time and see how that goes.

thanks,

greg k-h