[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] kernel unit testing

Hannes Reinecke hare at suse.com
Mon Jul 18 08:44:59 UTC 2016

On 07/18/2016 09:44 AM, Christian Borntraeger wrote:
> On 07/12/2016 01:03 AM, Guenter Roeck wrote:

>>> Count me in.
>>>
>>> I'm working on the kernelci.org project, where we're testing
>>> mainline/next/stable-rc/stable etc. on real hardware (~200 unique boards
>>> across ~30 unique SoC families: arm, arm64, x86.)
>>>
>>> Right now, we're mainly doing basic boot tests, but are starting to run
>>> kselftests on all these platforms as well.
>>>

>> Augmenting that: For my part the interest would be to improve qemu based
>> testing along the same line (and maybe figure out if/how we can merge
>> kerneltests.org into kernelci.org).
>
> I am also interested in this topic. I would like to find a way to integrate
> architectures (with non-perfect qemu coverage) like s390 in that regression
> testing. There are several installations which could be used to run some nightly
> regression but the hardware is not that wide-spread among kernel hackers.
> I would like to discuss the different options (e.g. do we consider email reports
> as working or no?)

I'd be interested in that, too.
While we're already doing quite some testing (eg performance) we're
looking into doing setup or architecture-specific tests.
With no clear result yet, so a broader discussion would be good.

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke		               zSeries & Storage
hare at suse.com			               +49 911 74053 688