[Ksummit-discuss] [CORE TOPIC] [TECH TOPIC] Support (or move towards to) LLVM

Behan Webster behanw at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 03:28:10 UTC 2016

On 2016-07-21 09:21 AM, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 03:02:12PM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
>> On Thu, 2016-07-21 at 07:41 -0600, Shuah Khan wrote:
>>> Would you be willing to share your experiences and the nature of bugs
>>> you were able to find using LLVM. Maybe that could be folded into this
>>> discussion as a real life experience.
>> http://llvm.linuxfoundation.org/index.php/Bugs
>> Probably horrifically out of date. Behan is the best person to ask for
>> a current status, I suspect...
> CCing in Sumit who I believe has also been looking at some issues
> building kernels with LLVM.
We're trying to start up the group again who was working on this a
couple years ago. Part of that is figuring out an up to date list of
issues. Some have been fixed, some are outstanding. And a few more
things have been unearthed.

Despite other people seemingly interested in this, the traditional
LLVMLinux people have mostly been moved to different projects and have
had less time to concentrate on this topic, which is why things have
fallen behind.

Behan

--
Behan Webster