[Ksummit-discuss] Self-nomination

Jason Cooper jason at lakedaemon.net
Wed Jul 27 14:27:16 UTC 2016

All,

I'd like to nominate myself for attending this year's KS.  My primary
focus is in security topics.  Signature management, secure boot, the
kernel-hardening efforts. Particularly on embedded systems. [0]

Since applying updates is a key security trait, I'm very interested in
discussing the stable workflow, safety review, and code minimization
efforts.  In particular, ways to make it easier for vendors to provide
updates and for users to apply them.

I'm also perennially interested in co-maintainer workflows, especially
when sub-maintainers are contributing their trees to linux-next.

If anyone is interested in discussing hobbyists and recruitment, I'm
game.  But it looks like that would be hallway track this year.  Or,
over a beer or three. ;-)

thx,

Jason.

[0] I've been doing a lot of work over the past year or so on secure
communications and building trust in their foundations.  In particular,
methods for developing strong entropy pools at early boot on
legacy/feature-less embedded systems.  So, I'd love to meet with folks
also interested in this to discuss and share ideas.