[Ksummit-discuss] Self nomination

Mark Rutland mark.rutland at arm.com
Wed Jul 27 14:54:33 UTC 2016

Hi,

I would like to self nominate for the kernel summit this year.

I co-maintain device tree bindings, and the ARM PSCI driver. I also
contribute to the low-level architecture code for arm and arm64.

I'm interested in hardening efforts that are applicable either
generically or to arm/arm64, and have been involved with some of the
work so far.

Having been bitten by a few issues in the past, I'm also interested in
what we can do to ensure that changes to common infrastructure don't
leave architectures broken (or in a sub-optimal state). I'm interested
in unit testing, regression tracking, and stable workflow.

I'm interested in discussions regarding:

- device tree bindings / subsystem divisions
- kernel hardening / self protection
- kernel unit testing
- regression tracking
- stable workflow

I will also be attending Linux Plumbers Conference 2016.

Thanks,
Mark.