[Ksummit-discuss] Self- nomination - hpa

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Fri Jul 29 05:39:21 UTC 2016

Hello,

I would like to nominate myself to the kernel summit.  I am part of the
tip team co-maintaining the x86, and in particular I am the direct
interface to Intel on that team.  This also means I work directly with
the hardware and firmware architects on future developments (which has
occupied a fair bit of my time lately) trying to steer them in the
direction of being Linux-friendly; more recently we have gotten traction
at adding features specifically for the benefit of Linux.

I also have long since been acting as an informal bridge to the gcc,
llvm and icc teams, and it has been suggested that I should make that
bridge more formal.  This would be a good thing to discuss at Kernel
Summit, perhaps as part of David Howell's proposed Compiler Shopping
List session.

I am also trying to develop direct connections with the C standards
committee.

	-hpa