[Ksummit-discuss] [TECH TOPIC] Bus IPC

Hannes Reinecke hare at suse.com
Fri Jul 29 07:12:40 UTC 2016

On 07/29/2016 01:42 AM, Jiri Kosina wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jul 2016, David Herrmann wrote:
>
> [ .. snip .. ]
>> Everyone interested in IPC is invited to the discussion. In particular,
>> we would welcome everyone who participated in the Binder and kdbus
>> discussions, is involed in shmem+memcg (or other bus1-related
>> subsystems), possibly including:
>>
>>  o Andy Lutomirski
>>  o Greg Kroah-Hartman
>>  o Steven Rostedt
>>  o Eric W. Biederman
>>  o Jiri Kosina
>
> I'd definitely be very interested in participating in such a discussion,
> should it happen at KS or whereever else.
>
> Please put me to the "I still don't fully understand why teaching AF_UNIX
> about multicast shouldn't do the job" discussion group :)

Oh.
_That_ topic would definitely interest me, too.
Not so much from the obvious kdbus/binder/<insert your favourite topic
here> type of thing, but because I'm still struggling to find a way of
passing information from one side of the kernel to the other.
notifier_chains simply don't fit the bill here.

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke		               zSeries & Storage
hare at suse.com			               +49 911 74053 688