[Ksummit-discuss] Self-nomination

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart at ideasonboard.com
Fri Jul 29 11:57:51 UTC 2016

Hello,

I would like to nominate myself for the Kernel Summit 2016.

My current areas of activity in the Linux kernel are the media (for media
controller and V4L2) and graphics subsystems, where I hack on both the core
frameworks and device drivers.

The topics proposed this year that I'm particularly interested in are

- Probe ordering, device dependencies and asynchronous probing, especially
given their direct impact on embedded media and graphics devices (in the
functional sense) that are usually made of multiple kernel devices (in the
struct device sense).

- Sensors and subsystem boundaries. As the co-author of the media controller
API (with Sakari Ailus, based on a proposal from Hans Verkuil) I've tried to
bridge the gap between the media, sound and graphics subsystems for a long
time. Lessons learnt there can be of interest to the other areas of the kernel
now being impacted by the same issue.

- Testing infrastructure and unit testing, wearing both my programmer and
technical evangelist hats. This could overlap partially with the regression
tracking topic.

If the documentation and maintainership topics get discussed (in sessions or
during the hallway track) I would like to participate as well.

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart