[Ksummit-discuss] Self nomination

Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz b.zolnierkie at samsung.com
Fri Jul 29 15:13:56 UTC 2016

Hello,

I would like to self-nominate for the Kernel Summit 2016.

I'm the leader of the Tizen Kernel team in Samsung R&D Institute
Poland (SRPOL) which (together with Korean HQ Kernel team) develops
Linux Kernel for Tizen.org reference devices and works on support
for ARM Samsung Exynos SoCs in the mainline kernel.  I'm also
currently co-maintainer of mainline libata PATA drivers.

I'm particularly interested in the following topics proposed this
year:

- Kernel unit testing and generally all topics related to kernel
  testing.

  We have developed internal Tizen kernel testing system in SRPOL
  and are still working on enhancing it.  If possible in the future
  we would like to make it (or at least some parts of it) available
  to external developers (i.e. using kernelci.org infrastructure).

  I would also like to discuss the ways to make it easier for testing
  kernels by developers on old and/or rare devices (especially in
  the context of IDE subsystem to libata PATA migration).

- stable workflow - we are basing Tizen.org kernels on LTS kernels
  so any ways to improve the stable/LTS kernels quality are in
  our area of interest.

- Bus IPC.  I can act as a bridge to developers from Tizen System
  team in SRPOL who are working on IPC in Tizen (dbus/kdbus).  I can
  provide input to the discussion from Tizen's requirements POV (i.e.
  we need our IPC to be container-aware).

Thank you for considering.

Best regards,
--