[Ksummit-discuss] [ANNOUNCE] git-series: track changes to a patch series over time

Fri Jul 29 17:57:26 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-07-29 at 17:52 +0000, Bird, Timothy wrote:

> [...]

I do this too, but I also work with the diff when moving hunks.  What I
do is:

git checkout <removal commit>
git show <removal commit> > tmp.diff
vi tmp.diff so it only has the hunks I want to remove
patch -p1 -R < ~/tmp.diff
git commit --amend -a
git checkout <add commit>
patch -p1 < ~/tmp.diff
git commit --amend -a

It's a bit cumbersome, but you can script it.  If there are better ways
to do it, I'm interested.

James