[Ksummit-discuss] Self nomination

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Sun Jul 31 06:57:18 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'd like to nominate myself to the kernel summit this year.

I co-maintain arm-soc together with Arnd Bergmann (and Kevin Hilman),
often merging code that spans between our tree and various other
subsystem. Meeting other maintainers at Kernel Summit is usually
highly beneficial since it makes the whole process run smoother.

Topics I care about:

* Embedded/mobile platforms: We merge embedded as well as server
platform code, and interact with a lot of the various camps, including
the people stuck between the nasty downstream vendor trees and
upstream.
* Stable tree discussions. Having the discussion at last KS about
timing of releases was hugely beneficial, picking 4.4 as a solid base
for the year's devices.
* Maintainership, process discussions. arm-soc is one of the fairly
smooth-running maintainer groups but always looking to improve (and
share our experiences)
* Testing and making it easier for people to get tests in with their
code, even if we don't mandate it.
* Devicetree and platform description discussions always seem to be
going on, even when we think we've sorted out most existing issues. I
care a good amount about these as well.

-Olof