[Ksummit-discuss] Including images on Sphinx documents

Jonathan Corbet corbet at lwn.net
Sun Nov 13 21:00:27 UTC 2016

On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 09:46:48 -0200
Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab at s-opensource.com> wrote:

> When running LaTeX in interactive mode, building just the media
> PDF file with:
>
> 	$ cls;make cleandocs; make SPHINXOPTS="-j5" DOCBOOKS="" SPHINXDIRS=media latexdocs
> 	$ PDFLATEX=xelatex LATEXOPTS="-interaction=interactive" -C Documentation/output/media/latex
>
> I get this:
>
> 	LaTeX Warning: Hyper reference `uapi/v4l/subdev-formats:bayer-patterns' on page
> 	 153 undefined on input line 21373.
>
> 	<use  "bayer.png" > [153]
> 	! Extra alignment tab has been changed to \cr.
> 	<template> \endtemplate
>
> 	l.21429 \unskip}\relax \unskip}
> 	                               \relax \\
> 	?
>
> This patch fixes the issue:
> 	https://git.linuxtv.org/mchehab/experimental.git/commit/?h=dirty-pdf&id=b709de415f34d77cc121cad95bece9c7ef4d12fd
>
> That means that Sphinx is not generating the right LaTeX output even for
> (some?) PNG images.

So I'm seriously confused.

I can get that particular message - TeX is complaining about too many
columns in the table.  But applying your patch (with a suitable bayer.pdf
provided) does not fix the problem.  Indeed, I can remove the figure with
the image entirely and still not fix the problem.  Are you sure that the
patch linked here actually fixed it for you?

jon