[Ksummit-discuss] Some ideas on open source testing

Amit Kucheria amit.kucheria at linaro.org
Thu Oct 27 06:07:38 UTC 2016

On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 6:49 AM, Theodore Ts'o <tytso at mit.edu> wrote:

> Maybe someday an ARM64 system will have the necessary hardware
> virtualization systems such that we can quickly test an ARM
> handset/embedded kernel using kvm on an ARM64 server / workstation.
> Maybe that would be a 90% solution for many file system and even
> device driver authors, assuming the necesary SOC IP blocks could be
> emulated by qemu.

https://www.linaro.cloud/

It exists. But we still need to come up with a reasonably easy way for
community to setup accounts on this w/o having to go through an
approval process. We've made the HW available to several projects for
their porting and testing needs, but currently it is on a case-by-case
basis while we scale up the data center.