[Ksummit-discuss] [LAST-MINUTE TOPIC] cgroup API

Theodore Ts'o tytso at mit.edu
Sun Oct 30 23:50:01 UTC 2016

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 11:13:34PM +0200, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> I'll be in santa-fu all week. I figured if I'd go to the trouble of
> dragging myself all the way to nowhere in the middle of NM, I might as
> well stay there.
>
> Godawful choice of location.

Sorry, any location which is close to a major internaional airport is
incredibly expensive.

Personally, I was pushing for Providence, Rhode Island, which is about
45 minutes from the international airports at Boston or New York City
(Providence also has a larger airport than Santa Fe).

Unfortunately, when we were setting the location for Plumbers 18
months ago, people were still shell-shocked over the record snowfall
in the North East, and folks forgot that due to the altitude
differences (sea level versus 7200 feet), Providence is *warmer* and
has a historical average of 0 inches of snowfall this time of year.

Santa Fe is an amazing place to visit, with lots of great restaurants,
so hopefully you'll enjoy your stay, now that you've gotten here.

Cheers,

							- Ted