[Ksummit-discuss] [TECH TOPIC] printk considered harmful (was: [TECH TOPIC] asynchronous printk)

Sergey Senozhatsky sergey.senozhatsky at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 14:56:55 UTC 2016

Hello,

On (10/31/16 09:56), Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 03:54:35PM +0900, Sergey Senozhatsky wrote:
> >
> > Any chance to do this session on Tuesday?
> > I prepared some slides; there are some patches circulating
> > and there are some things to discuss.
>
> Unless there are strong reasons why this needs to be done on Tuesday,
> my preference would be to try to schedule tech topics on Wednesday or
> Thursday.  But sure, I'm happy to schedule such a topic if folks are
> interested.  Let me know what your potential conflicts might be and/or
> a preferred time slot.

ok, thanks. I personally will have some conflicts on Wed - "Open
panel for discussing MM problems" and some of LPC microconfs.

and I'd love to change the topic name since async printk is just
25% of the issue we want to discuss. the list I'm looking at now
is as follows:

1) deadlocks in printk and printk recursion
2) async printk
3) pr_cont
4) console semaphore scalability and problems

	-ss