[Ksummit-discuss] [LAST-MINUTE TOPIC] cgroup API

Mon Oct 31 15:28:50 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-10-31 at 10:04 -0500, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 07:41:11PM -0400, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> > On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 10:27:23AM -0500, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> > >
> > > FWIW I'm only arriving tuesday morning;  but obviously far more
> > > important
> > > that Tejun be there, so I think I vote for monday night.
> >
> > we have time Monday *afternoon*, if that works for folks.  Monday
> > evening will conflict with the evening dinner, so if we want to do
> > it
> > on Monday, we have free slots during the kernel summit core day.
> >  If
> > there are people who need to attend who aren't core day invitees,
> > we
> > have invited people who are needed for a particular discussion into
> > specific core plenary day session before.
> >
> > The other alternative would be to either do it Tuesday (we have a
> > room
> > availble), or Wednesday or Thursday, where the kernel summit does
> > have
> > a room reserved for technical sessions and for which LPC attendees
> > are
> > explicitly invited (just as people with Kernel Summit badges are
> > invited to participate in LPC events).
> >
> > I note there is a Cgroup v2 API session scheduled as part of the
> > containers miniconference on Wednesday morning.  I assume the goal
> > is
> > try to settle this disagreement before the LPC minisummit?
> >
> > Can someone give a summary of who the critical people are who need
> > be present, and what their availability might be?  Finding a room
> > shouldn't be a problem.  It's going to people's availability....
>
> Looks like
> 	Tejun obviously needs to be there

He's here all week, according to Chris.

> 	Andy wants to be there, and I assume it relates to his code
> 	There's an LXC contingency arriving monday night;  I'd like
> 	  someone (Christian, Stéphane, or Tycho) to make it on Tuesday
> 	  if possible.
> 	I'd like to be there, but I arrive at 10:30 Tuesday morning.
> 	I don't think Eric Biederman is going to be in Santa Fe, but
> 	  he'd be good to have there.

He's here now.

> 	I assume James Bottomley would like to be there?

Yes. (Provided you don't schedule it over anything I've said I'd go to,
which is why I like Tuesday).  I've got something 09:30 on Tuesday, so
late morning or afternoon works.

James