[Ksummit-discuss] [TECH TOPIC] printk considered harmful (was: [TECH TOPIC] asynchronous printk)

Sergey Senozhatsky sergey.senozhatsky at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 18:21:33 UTC 2016

Hello,

On (10/31/16 12:18), Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 11:56:55PM +0900, Sergey Senozhatsky wrote:
> > ok, thanks. I personally will have some conflicts on Wed - "Open
> > panel for discussing MM problems" and some of LPC microconfs.
>
> would 10:00am (after the MM panel) work for you and others?

speaking for myself only,
if there are no better options, then I'm OK with Wed 10am. I'd like
to be in Sweeney AB starting from 11:20am, but can sacrifice it, if
need be (in case if 10am doesn't work for someone. or if 1hr won't
be enough (which is quite likely)). so let's hear from others.

> > and I'd love to change the topic name since async printk is just
> > 25% of the issue we want to discuss. the list I'm looking at now
> > is as follows:
> >
> > 1) deadlocks in printk and printk recursion
> > 2) async printk
> > 3) pr_cont
> > 4) console semaphore scalability and problems
>
> So a topic name like "printk improvements" would be better?

"printk considered harmful" sounds good as well :) but "printk improvements"
can surely work.

	-ss