[Ksummit-discuss] "Maintainer summit" invitation discussion

Greg Kroah-Hartman gregkh at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Apr 18 20:11:51 UTC 2017

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 11:59:37AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>  - other?

I'd recommend Ben Hutchings for the help and work he does with stable
kernel releases as well.  Those numbers don't show up in your tree, but
in the stable releases, he is up there at with the amount of effort and
help he provides me, and the users of the trees he maintains (3.2 and
3.16 for Debian).  I figure the stable trees do tie into "process
improvements" for some discussions.

> I'd like the maintainership summit list to be fairly small. Not even
> 50 people. Maybe 30. A group that can actually sit in a room for half
> a day and talk to each other about the issues they have rather than
> being talked to. And talk literally about *process* issues, not about
> any particular technical issues within whatever subsystem. Bring up
> peeves or wishes for actual process improvements?

I'd like to see this happen as well, no technical issues can really be
discussed at the kernel summit anymore, we've gotten too big :(

thanks,

greg k-h