[Ksummit-discuss] "Maintainer summit" invitation discussion

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart at ideasonboard.com
Tue Apr 18 20:29:33 UTC 2017

Hi Dave,

On Wednesday 19 Apr 2017 06:00:27 Dave Airlie wrote:
> >  11118  David Miller
> >
> >   6004  Greg KH
> >   5337  Dave Airlie
>
> I am not a number, I AM A FREE MAN.
>
> >   5114  Ingo Molnar
> >   3918  Mauro Carvalho Chehab
> >   3381  Arnd Bergmann
>
> Though it should probably be Arnd sending this considering he's number 6.
>
> Sorry couldn't resist, on a more serious note, I'm unlikely to be
> travelling much this year due to have a baby arriving hopefully in
> September.
>
> I think for drm stuff Daniel Vetter is definitely the best person to have
> there, if he can make it.

I was going to propose that, so I can only second your proposal.

Additionally, Daniel has invested lots of time and effort in the actual
maintenance process of the DRM subsystem, experimenting with a scheme that is
quite unique in the kernel as far as I can tell. For that reason I believe he
would be a very good candidate for a maintainer summit.

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart