[Ksummit-discuss] "Maintainer summit" invitation discussion

Josh Triplett josh at joshtriplett.org
Wed Apr 19 23:36:24 UTC 2017

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 12:41:04AM +0200, Jiri Kosina wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Apr 2017, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
>
> > We're also a ways into the Sphinx transition; I would be most curious to
> > hear how others think it is going and whether/how the process should
> > continue.
>
> There is one piece of feedback I guess I can share right away on this --
> stopped to yield Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt that it's not really
> funny any more :)

Is there any good reason we don't check in symlinks from the old
location to the new location, considering that the new version remains
readable in text form?

ln -sf Documentation/process/coding-style.rst Documentation/CodingStyle
ln -s Documentation/admin-guide/kernel-parameters.rst Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt

Commit 852d21ae1fcdf0e4de6b5bfa730d29cb013c7ff3 already did this for one
such relocated file.